Welcome to McEwen High SchoolThe mission of McEwen High School is to educate, empower, and nurture the whole student academically and ethically to produce independent thinkers who contribute positively to society’s progress.
SENIORS: Today is the DEADLINE to submit your FAFSA to remain eligible for TN Promise! You have just over three hours remaining! GO!
Order forms for the Tate Family t-shirt and car decal fundraiser are available on our website and in the MHS Office. All proceeds will go to the family of Thaniel Tate. Please turn in orders and money by February 7 to the MHS Office or MHS Counseling Office. Checks must be made to Ollie Hill Graphics. http://mcewenhighschool.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/tate-order-form.pdf
McEwen High School added 4 new photos.
Students may order letterman jackets at MHS on February 16, 2017 (10:40-11:40)! Details available in the photos below.
Seniors: The Nashville Sounds Foundation wants to help you through your first year in college. We're awarding four separate $2,500 scholarships.
Tomorrow is the deadline for students to return 2nd Quarter signed report cards to the office, or parents may esign 2nd Quarter report cards on Skyward.
MHS Events for the Week of January 16-20, 2017:
Mon Jan 16, 2017
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• No School
Tue Jan 17, 2017
• Seniors: FAFSA Deadline for TN Promise Applicants
• NSCC Classes Begin
• Deadline for Signed Report Cards in Office or Parents may Esign on Skyward
• 10:40am - 11:10am -- Letterman Jacket Assembly
• 4:30pm -- JV Boys Basketball vs. Nashville Christian (A)
• 6pm -- Basketball vs. Nashville Christian (A)
Wed Jan 18, 2017
• 10am - 11am -- Faculty/Staff: Sam's Club Representative in Lounge 1
• 3pm - 4:30pm -- RTI Meeting for Teachers
Thu Jan 19, 2017
• FFA Individual Speaking Contest
• 10:40am - 11:10am -- Assembly about Fundraiser for Thaniel Tate's Family (Pageants)
• 3:30pm -- Boys and Girls JV Basketball vs. Houston County (A)
• 6pm -- Basketball vs. Houston County (A)
Fri Jan 20, 2017
• 6pm -- Basketball vs. Jo Byrns (H)
Seniors: The FAFSA deadline is TOMORROW for TNPromise!
Becca’s Closet donates new and gently worn formal dresses to high school girls who would be unable to afford to attend their proms without our help. The local chapter is in Fairview! Becca's Closet is a non-profit organization founded in memory of Rebecca Kirtman, who collected and donated dresses to the girls in her high school when she was just 14 years old.
Becca’s Closet is by appointment only. Girls just need to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their name, phone number, high school, approximate dress size and the date of their prom. A representative will follow up with them to make an appointment and send directions.
Girls must present a current high school identification or proof of enrollment such as a report card at the time of their appointments. At their appointments, girls are paired with student volunteers who act as personal shoppers. There are lots of dresses and shoes to choose from - all at no cost.
McEwen High School shared MHS Warrior Band's album.
McEwen High School added 6 new photos.
Congratulations to the Beginning Band and the Concert Band on their outstanding performances tonight! Great job, Mrs. Murphy! 🎉🎉🎉
The post-Christmas Band Concert is tonight at 7:00 PM in the Auditorium! All are invited! 🎼🎼🎼
Parents, students received 2nd Quarter Report Cards today during 4th Period. You may sign it and return it to school by Tuesday. Or, you can now view the report card on Skyward and esign it by Tuesday! The directions to do this are in the photo below. This must be done from the PARENT login. If you need help with Skyward, contact the Counseling Office (9315823283).
The JV Girls Basketball game scheduled for tomorrow at MHS at 4:30 has been cancelled. The varsity games are still on. They will begin at 6:00. Come cheer on the Warriors tomorrow night! $5 admission.
Seniors and Parents: There will be a Project Graduation Meeting on Thursday night at 6:30 at the JERA Building in New Johnsonville. They will be discussing the "Great Pretenders" fundraiser.
MHS Events for the Week of January 10-13, 2017:
Tue Jan 10, 2017
· 10am -- Teachers: All Q2 and MT grades must be on Skyward.
· 10:40am - 11:10am -- FBLA Meeting
· 10:40am - 11:10am -- FFA Officers' Meeting
· 4:30pm -- JV Boys Basketball vs. Clarksville Academy (H)
· 6pm -- Basketball vs. Clarksville Academy (H)
Wed Jan 11, 2017
· FBLA Regional Testing in Auditorium, Mr. Tolene's Room, Mrs. Lanham's Room, and Ms. Hamilton's Room
· 3pm -- Faculty Meeting
Thu Jan 12, 2017
· 10:40am -- 2nd Quarter Report Cards
· 10:40am -- Spring 2016 EOC Reports will be distributed in 4th Period Classes
· Last Day to Drop/Add Classes for 2nd Semester
· 10:40am - 11:10am -- Student Council Meeting
· 7pm -- Band Concert
Fri Jan 13, 2017
· 4:30pm -- Girls JV Basketball vs. East Robertson (H)
· 6pm -- Basketball vs. East Robertson (H)
The basketball games at Houston County originally scheduled on January 6, 2017 have been rescheduled for January 19, 2017.
Humphreys County Schools will be closed tomorrow, January 9, 2017.
Tonight's basketball games at Houston County have been cancelled. They will be rescheduled for a later date. Stay safe and warm, everyone!
UPDATE: Humphreys County Schools will be CLOSED today, January 6, 2017.
Humphreys County Schools will be opening two hours late today, January 6, 2017.
Pull tabs help support our local Ronald McDonald House program, a "home away from home" for the families of seriously ill children being treated in nearby hospitals. Save your tabs in gallon-size storage bags and drop off in Miss Johnson's office at MHS!
Congratulations to Jamison Murphree on being admitted to the 30+ Club! This club is open to students scoring 30 or higher on the ACT. Way to go, Jamison!
Congratulations to the newest members of the MHS VIP Club -- Jamison Murphree, William Flowers, and Zach Baker! To be admitted to the MHS VIP Club, a student must meet all four College Readiness Benchmarks on the ACT.
MHS Parents and Students, to receive text messages from MHS about school closings and other important info, text @mcewenhs to 81010.
- Tate Family Fundraiser T-Shirt Order Form
- eSign Report Card Directions
- 2016-2017 Student Handbook
- Immunization Data Parental Consent Form
- Student Flu Vaccine Form
- 2016-2017 Honor Roll Criteria
- 2016-2017 Bus Routes
- 2016-2017 Faculty/Staff Email List
- 2016-2017 Yearbook Form
- 2016-2017 Student Spotlight
- 2016-2017 Dress Code
- Student Info Form for Transfer Students
- Student Info Form for Current Students
- 2016-2017 Supply Lists
- 2016-2017 School Calendar
- Tornado Watch/Warning Procedures
- Parent Involvement Policy
- Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine Info
- Valedictorian Qualifications
- Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
- 2016-2017 Application for Free or Reduced Lunch
- Parent Guide to State Testing 2016-2017
- Launch My Career TN
- TN Ready
- School Staff Training Page
- Humphreys County School System
- TN Department of Education
- TN Common Core Information
- Tennessee Student Assistance
- TN Promise
- ACT Registration
- FAFSA Who’s My Parent
Ms. Shirley Wiedeman